Searching for the perfect gift for the green guru in your life? Green gift giving is one way to jump-start your New Year’s Resolution to become more carbon neutral. Read on for a few ideas!
- Organic snacks, treats, nuts, fruit, etc.
- Do-it-yourself framed photos
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Cute, re-usable (or cloth) shopping bags
- Seed packets for planting indoors or for an outdoor garden
- Organic tea and coffee
- Green cookbooks
- E-cards instead of printed/plastic gift cards
The Big Gifts:
- Energy efficient appliances and products: Not only will upgrading to energy efficient appliances thrill the chef in your family, but they will also save you money in the long term.
- Hybrid cars (for those looking to splurge): Because let’s face it, pretty much everyone dreams of those giant bows they advertise in holiday car commercials.
- Eco-friendly bling: That’s right, these days, pretty much everything is available in “organic” form, including jewelry! Do some research online and you’ll find plenty of eco-friendly options.
- n eco-friendly getaway: There are plenty of “green” vacation spots, tours, and destinations. Travel the world and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time!
- A trip to a local, organic vineyard or brewery: “Eating local” is a big trend these days, and there’s a reason why!
- The makings for an indoor veggie or herb garden: Green thumb = green living.
Need a gift for the green guy or girl who has everything? Remember that gifts made at home/from recycled materials are great options, and can even help reduce carbon emissions! Here are some ideas to spark your creativity.
As for re-gifting? Well…we won’t tell.